Monday, June 1, 2020

In a Virus Pandemic and the Racism and Injustice Epidemic .....God's Promises of Healing and Restoration

The Outrage, Fed up, Been time for change....Do you feel it? We all should.

If Not, take a moment to take in these, but only a portion of the feelings our people are dealing with.

Anger, Fear, Pain, Hurt, Unwanted, Unprotected, Demeaned, Talked down to, Disrespected, Misunderstood, Unheard, Not seen, Dismissed, Ignored, Not Accepted, Denied, Overlooked, Accused, Unqualified, Not equal, Condemned to a certain life, Provoked, Wrongfully arrested, Killed, Murdered....no Justice, No Peace. 


The Journey, mile by mile, feels beyond what any of us/our Black people can bear. Misunderstood by those not in the shoes of the weary. The emotional and mental load is no longer teetering and barely keeping its balance, it has dropped over the edge right now and can no longer be contained. Now; Do you feel us? Do you see us? Can you hear us?

This world and all that it seems to put on you can be heavy, hurtful, painful, and incite angry, frustration and fear. All those, and more, emotions build up and can and does explode in ways not with an intent to destroy physically, but to be heard and seen and incite change in a world where we are not seen, heard, protected, or taken seriously.  There is definitely not time like the present to stand firmly on the Word of God. You can not forget the fight of the Spiritual Warfare. The fight over your mind, your heart, and against the Spirits passed down and transferred from one to another, and generation to generation, that have taken control over those causing and committing these acts of racism. We can not forget that fight, for it is the ultimate fight.

The true battlefield, Is in the minds and the hearts of the people and in the systems they have set up to be against us. When I am praying I like to be specific and really tackle every angle the enemy is trying to come through. I love the point that is brought out in the book Fervent, by Pricilla Shirer.

" If I were your enemyI'd disguise myself and manipulate your perspectives so that you'd focus on the wrong culprit....Because when you zero in on the most convenient, obvious places to strike back against your problems, you get the impressions you're fighting for something. Even though all you're really doing is just....Fighting. For nothing."

Just like in the tools of spirituals warfare, Prayer , the Word, and the Whole armor of God,  The battle in the physical will also need to have much Focus. Where do we go from here? We zero in on the real culprit(s) and we focus and utilize the tactics that will really incite change and sustain the change. 

God Promises us, and I am a believer. I believe what He says in His Word that as we come to Him humbly, He hears us and will heal the land. I believe that He is with us to the end of the world. I believe that there is nothing He can not do and that this change is only something He can do.  I believe and I know that He does restore our souls, and our lives and livelihood will be restored as promised. 

What will I do? I am going to refocus. I am standing on God's Word. I am fighting both fights. If we tackle the Spiritual, the Physical will line up.  I know that physical work is needed along with Faith. And I am willing to work. And yes, I will vote! Will you? We must! 

The Power of God supersedes all of this! He is yet on the thrown and in control! My fear is settled in the arms of His Peace, the assurance of His Love and His Promises.


No comments:

Post a Comment