Thursday, May 14, 2020

New Day....New Mercies

The sounds of morning hit me first. I can still here some birds chirping, even now. Bird sounds tend to always make me feel like all is okay out there in the world. When they start to to get quiet and there are no signs of birds in the air or trees, I tend to worry. Reminds me of the sign for Noah after the Great Flood. God is in control, even now, during this pandemic, He's in control. 

I already know that the light will hit me next. The light hits my eyes bright and hard, especially since we never put up any black out curtains over the blinds in the master. There are 3 sets of windows in the master and the sun shines bright at all angles. Never knew it was so bright. As a mom and a nurse, there's never been many times that I have been in bed still when the sun has risen for the day, until now. Its been almost 5 years living in this home and only now is every detail magnified. You really start to get to know every inch of your home when you are forced to stay in it for weeks, and months at a time. Not sure if that's a good thing or not.

I went to bed the night before not feeling great about everything I did or didn't do, or what I said or didn't say, or if I even left a mark at all. I know I didn't do as much as I could have, or everything I should have. There's a pile of books on my nightstand, note pads and pens stuck in each, including my Bible. After a long day with the kids and all the duties, I'm lucky if I can pick up one to read for 2 mins before I fall asleep. Most times I have to catch scriptures here and there on the Bible app or in a Bible plan I've signed up to complete. By the end of the day I feel like I just haven't did enough to spend more time with God. I feel like I thought some thoughts I shouldn't have and said some words not in the best way, and I'm sure I didn't treat everyone in a Christ-like way. Human nature and frustration sometimes takes over. Each night, I finish the day in prayer and pledge to start over and do better the next day. 

Its a new day. Not that the routine will be different or the tasks will change, but the Mercies are new. And Oh I thank God for that! Doesn't it just amaze you how God can see your faults, forgive you and move forward, just like that. Something we seldom even do for ourselves. He wants us to know that we are His children and that He is faithful and everything is okay. All we need, He provides. He knows our hearts and all is forgiven and the chance to start again is in the break of day. Squinting through the bright sun beaming through the room from every angle, its the break of a new day....New Mercies I see. 

🎵 Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth,
Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide;
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow,
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside! 

“Great is Thy faithfulness!” “Great is Thy faithfulness!”
  Morning by morning new mercies I see;
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided—
    “Great is Thy faithfulness,” Lord, unto me! 🎵

Great is Thy Faithfulness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment